Should you need to send us a complaint, please contact us via one of the methods shown below:
If your complaint relates to a data protection issue:
Email: email@example.com (your complaint will be handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation)
If your complaint relates to a services issue:
Telephone: 01225 526206
Post: Wessex Searches, Wessex Water Operations Centre, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7WW
If you do raise a complaint you can expect the following:
- We will listen to your complaint and do our best to deal with it immediately.
- If we cannot resolve it at the time, we will record the details of your complaint and we will investigate and contact you within 5 working days with a telephone response. We will confirm our response in writing if you request it.
- If we do not respond to your complaint within 5 working days of receipt of your correspondence (phone call/email/or letter), you are entitled to £10 compensation.
- Depending on the scale of investigation required, we will keep you informed of the progress and update you with new timescales if necessary.
If you want us to liaise with a third party on your behalf, just let us know.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, or fail to provide a final response in writing within 40 working days, or in some other respect fail to comply with the complaints procedure, you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme (TPOs) – Tel 01722 333306, E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with the Ombudsman’s final decision.
If we consider your complaint to be justified:
- We will refund your search fee.
- We will provide you with a revised search and undertake the necessary action to put things right, as is within our control, as soon as practically possible.
- You will be kept informed of any action required.
- Once you have our response, if you are still unhappy, please let us know and we can escalate your complaint.
- While we aim to resolve your complaint first time, in the event that we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, ultimately you can contact an independent body.
If your search takes us longer than 10 working days to complete and we have not communicated the reasons for the delay, you will receive the search free of charge.